Saturday, October 03, 2015

Planned Parenthood needs to get its act together

There will be a snapshot later today but people are complaining in e-mails about the lack of new content.

I'll offer a reason near the end.

But this week Anita Little at the Ms. magazine's blog felt the need to tell feminist that we have to support Planned Parenthood and here's how.

No, we don't.

It is not my job as a feminist to support any organization.

I support abortion.

I'm 100% pro-abortion.

Not just pro-choice, pro-abortion.

I believe there are times when that is the only answer for a woman.

Is every abortion meeting my definition of when it's the only answer for a woman?

Probably not.

But I also don't know the reasons or need to know the reasons why a woman chooses to have an abortion.

That is her decision.

She owes no explanation.

But Congress is interested in cutting off Planned Parenthood's funds.

The problem is the leadership of the organization.


Ann Richards' daughter is not Ann Richards nor is she a leader -- not an effective one.

Here's another reason I'm not interested in supporting Planned Parenthood from a Congressional attack.


Cameron Joseph (The Hill) reported in May of 2012:



Planned Parenthood endorsed President Obama's reelection Wednesday morning and slammed Mitt Romney for what it called his "harmful positions on women's health."
"There is no greater champion for women’s health than President Obama and Planned Parenthood Action Fund couldn’t be prouder to endorse his reelection as president today," said Planned Parenthood Action Fund President Cecile Richards. "The contrast with Mitt Romney couldn’t be starker. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is committed to ensuring that voters know how wrong Mitt Romney is for women — in his own words."





Get out of partisan politics.

It's not your job to endorse for president.

Not when you're receiving federal funds.

And don't give me the crap about it being a "PAC" and not the organization itself.

The president of the 'action fund' is Cecile Richards -- also president of Planned Parenthood.

You can't take federal funds and make presidential endorsements.

It's as corrupt as an Supreme Court decision giving corporations personhood.

$1.4 million wasted on a TV ad?

Maybe they don't need federal funds.

I support reproductive health services.

I do not support an organization taking federal money and also feeling they can get away with making political endorsements.

Planned Parenthood's biggest problem is Cecile Richards.

Anita Little can't tell that truth.

If Cecile knew how to do her job, she wouldn't have been called before Congress this week.

This nonsense of refusing to call out leaders has to stop.

When they're ineffective, they need to go.


On new content, there's been new content every day.

Not as much, no.

But as I've stated there's increased demand for speaking.

And one night this week, not Thursday, I'd passed out shortly after the last speaking gig and wasn't in the mood when I came to.  Blood sugar issues and this isn't going away.  I'm giving everything I have.  If it's not enough, then it's not enough.

We can do pieces like this where I weigh in on a topic.  But it is what it is.

Again, there will be an Iraq snapshot later this evening.









  • The e-mail address for this site is common_ills@yahoo.com.