Thursday, May 26, 2016

Ben Tweets

Activist and Civil Rights leader Ben Jealous is supporting Bernie Sanders in the battle for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination:



  • A much better day too long ago (Felix is on the far left. He was always down for an adventure.) RIP Brother. RIP.
  • RIP Felix Garth 1974-2016. My brother in every way but blood.
  • He went on to be the first Black leader of Mississippi's Knights of Columbus. He feared God, fought for civil rights and loved his kids.
  • Felix was a great man. When he was 18 and I was 20 we helped stop Governor Fordice from turning into a prison.
  • I just got a call that one of my best friends was shot and killed this morning. I will be off Twitter for a while. Life is so fragile.
  • It's not a monarchy, but we can add. Best way to get progressive issues front & center is to focus on actual issues.